Lagos dating guide advises how to date Nigerian women and what are the best places to meet single girls in Lagos, Nigeria.
Lagos is the largest city in Nigeria and home to more than 10% of the country's population. The population of Lagos is over 14.5 million within the city area, and over 21 million people living in Lagos metropolitan area. There are over 250 ethnic groups represented in the city. With this vast number of people; it is unlikely for any traveler to not meet a woman that will tickle his fancy. One popular aspect among Nigerian ladies is that they expect you to be the sole provider during the dating process. Nigerian women are known to be friendly and outgoing. Dating in Lagos is considered relatively more straightforward because the country has a fun-loving spirit. Casual hookups are pretty straightforward, while making it last long term can be a little trickier. If you are looking for a holiday romance, then Lagos is the best place to be.
If you are a traveler looking to meet beautiful Nigerian girls and start dating, then Lagos is the place for you. if you are seeking to date a Nigerian girl from the city, you need to set your priorities first. There are opportunities for occasional sex, one-night stand, and even long-term relationships. Nigerians are known to be conservative but they are welcoming and super friendly at the same time. To date a local girl, you need to be very charming and lucky. Many women here do not conform to the cultures in the rural areas when it comes to hooking up and dating. Dating apps like Tinder and Badoo are top-rated among most youth in Lagos, increasing your chances of getting women all around the city.
How to Date Nigerian Women
A variety of women blends in Lagos, each categorized using different criteria such as tribe, level of education, and age. The best way to group them when it comes to dating is by their behaviors. The first group is for women who are always in relationships. These kinds of ladies believe that they must be in a relationship. They jump from one man to another, which affects her self-esteem leading him to think she is the one with a problem. Another type of lady n the city is unwilling to be in a relationship. These girls opt to remain single as it allows them to flirt with as many kinds of men as possible. They believe that committing with one guy will tie them. These kinds of girls are the best for travelers who are in the city for a short period. The last kind of woman you will meet in Lagos has been in a bad relationship in the past and is not willing to get in any relationship. There are no particular guidelines for dating Nigerian girls, so always work with what's works for you best. Any girl interested in you will always make it easier for you, but if they don't show any sign of interest, they may not be much into you. Here are some unique guidelines to successfully date a Nigerian girl.
- Act strong and confident: Nigerian women are submissive and will always prefer strong and confident men over those that show some aspect of weakness. During your first date, always remain relaxed and remain with ease.
- Buy small gifts within your budget: During your first dates, always come along with small gifts. Nigerian women appreciate such acts and will probably add some points. A box of chocolate and her favorite candies will be great.
- Nigerian girls love serious relationships: Always act with honesty and consideration during your dating period. Listen to her ideas and value her opinions. Most women in Lagos love getting into relationships that will eventually lead to marriage.
- Don't make the first date long: You are making your date long may end up ruining things. Always look for an excuse to leave, like going for a meeting. Before you leave, you can promise another date.
- Look into her eyes as you speak to her: Take your time to evaluate her body with your eyes by staring at her. After that, I appreciate her beauty. It's a great way to show how interested you are.
- Don't talk much about yourself on your first date: Let the whole conversation revolve around her. When they ask you what you do, just come up with something crazy to avoid the question.
- Make her laugh: When you make a woman laugh at your jokes, she is as good as yours. A good laugh sets a woman at ease, and she becomes more relaxed with you. Kenyan women love witty men as they will always keep them in a good mood.
- Compliment her: one of the hacks to get any Nigerian girl like you is always complimenting them. You will never go wrong with compliments. However, be cautious with your complement and avoid over-complementing.
- Let everything flow naturally: when dating Nigerian girls, avoid forcing things out and instead let them play out naturally. Always be comfortable, dress well and smell nice and she will be the one clinging on you.
Best Places to Meet Single Girls
Lagos has 21 million people living within its boundaries, making it the most populated city in Africa. With this kind of population, it is hard to lack some girl who ticks most of your boxes. The city has very many opportunities to meet single girls without tiring. There are three main places to meet up with single girls while in Lagos, and one is in the different nightlife spots where you can flirt with waitresses. You can also opt to get online with apps like Tinder and Badoo, which are used by hundreds of thousands every day. Another great option is open places like museums, archeological sites, parks, and famous streets. Universities and colleges are also great spots to pick up single girls. Here are some of the favorite spots to get single girls in Lagos.
- Bars, Pubs and Nightclubs: Lagos is home to the most vibrant entertainment areas in Nigeria. There are many bars, pubs, and nightclubs where you can meet a large number of women and have fun. Casual sex in these clubs is much popular, making it an excellent option for travelers and ex-pats. While here, always take a little caution due to security since people get drunk and lose their valuables. While here, avoid going into unfamiliar areas and putting on flashy jewelry. Clubs in Lagos throw some of the craziest parties in the region. It is an excellent place for ex-pats looking to have fun in the city. If you are gay or lesbian, avoid showing public affection as such actions are illegal and frowned upon. Some of the popular nightclubs in the city include a private lounge, Escape Night Club, and Club Quilox.
- Shopping malls: Lagos is the commercial and cultural hub for Nigeria and also with the biggest urban population in Africa. There are very many shopping malls in the city attracting many girls snd women who love shopping. Meeting single girls and women in shopping malls is no longer strange but a common thing today. While you can start talking to her, and if the conversation flows, you can then decide to visit a restaurant or ask to accompany her. In situations where you meet a lady paying for something you can afford, you can pay for them. Nigerian women love that kind of attention. Some of the most popular malls include The Palms City Mall, Maryland Mall, Mega Plaza Shopping Mall, and Adeniran, Ogunsanya Shopping Mall.
- Outdoors: If you are the kind of person who loves adventure, then Lagos is your destination. There are lots of outdoor places in Lagos to meet up with Nigerian girls. Significant options include parks, famous streets, public transport, and sites of attractions. Starting conversations in these places is more challenging than in bars and clubs. You will often meet most of them not in a good mood, resulting in a turnoff. Outdoors like swimming pools and beaches are a little bit different and will likely get a hookup. Some of the best outdoor venues in Lagos city include The Lekki Conservation Center, which happens to be the longest canopy walkway in Africa, and the floating slum of Makoko.
- Universities and colleges: Universities in Lagos are the hunting grounds for girls. they present some of the best opportunities to meet single girls. Most universities are restricted from outsiders leaving just enrolled students to access the gates. Most travelers have to wait for students to leave the school to interact with them. Most university students are usually up for casual sex and relationships, so it is a great spot to try your luck. Lagos's most famous universities include the University of Lagos, Lagos city Polytechnic and the Nigerian Institute of Journalism.
Top 10 Nightclubs and Bars to Pickup Girls
Bars, pubs, and nightclubs are perfect places to connect with single women in Lagos. Nigerian girls and women in the city are free-minded people and often visit these places to connect with people have fun. Most of the young men and women love to see a bar or club during the evenings. Beers help them relax and let go of the pain of hard work. If you spot a lonely girl that impresses you, all you have to do is stand up and offer some drinks. Start a good conversation to impress her. If they don't accept your offer, move on to the next one since there are many girls in the city to choose from. Some of the top clubs to pick up Nigerian women include:
- Club Quilox: Club equinox offers a luxurious experience while dancing to some of your greatest hits. Here you will have a chance to interact with the young, restless, and rich of Lagos. The club features a large dance floor, luxurious interiors, and prompt service. They also have some of the best DJs available.
- Escape Nightlife: This is a famous nightclub located in the heart of the then city. They also offer impressive drinks, fantastic DJs, and ambiance. It's an excellent place for travelers who are willing to hook up with some of the hottest women in the town. Here you will meet the freakiest women who are ready to satisfy your urges to ensure you had a great time in Lagos.
- Club 57: This nightclub was popularly known as Bacchus. It is one of the best nightlife spots in Lagos, offering some of the greatest drinks and excellent music. During weekends the club hosts events snd live music. It's an excellent spot for ex-pats looking to hook up with local girls.
- Nitro Nightclub: This is a favorite party venue for most travelers and local revelers. It features several rooms and a large dance floor where people show their moves. Nitro receives a large number of visitors, especially during weekends. The significant crowd here is people from local communities and a few travelers looking to hook up with local women. It's a great place to hang out and connect with people.
- Virus Lagos: This is a popular casual nightclub that opens on Wednesdays and Fridays. They offer great music and various local drinks. It's among the most visited clubs, especially on Fridays. It's a great place to hang out with friends.
- Club Vegas: This is one of the hottest nightclubs in Lagos. The drinks are reasonably priced and have established themselves as the go-to place for party lovers and fun-seekers. The atmosphere here is mellow, and the music is excellent. The place is well decorated with high-end furnishing. It's a great place to visit all week long and pick up local Nigerian women.
Road Runners: This is among the most visited club, especially during weekends and during special events. It is located at Yabain Lagos and a great place to party non-stop. It invites some of the best DJs in the city to entertain the crowd.
- The vault: This is among the most visited clubs in this part of the region. The club is flooded on weekends, especially by the young generation who party till dawn. They feature several well-decorated rooms with each room playing a different kind of music. the dancing floors are large to accommodate many people willing to show their moves. For those looking for luxury and quality, this club is your best shot while in the city. It's also an excellent venue for ex-pats looking to hook up with local women due to the large number of women visiting the club. This is also one of the clubs you can easily get laid if you play your cards right.
Other famous clubs in the city include:
The Garage by Caliente
Dating apps have risen in popularity in recent years. Using dating apps is a great way to prevent wastage of time checking out for girls on the streets. There are many dating apps on the internet serving different purposes. Some have extensive follow up while others have few users. The most common dating apps used in Nigeria include: