Johannesburg dating guide advises how to date South African women and what are the best places to meet single girls in Johannesburg, South Africa.
South Africa is a diverse country with its eleven official languages and a variety of different backgrounds and belief systems. Therefore, it is understandable, that courtship varies significantly between different ethnic groups. Some customs and traditions around here remain universal.
However, the women of South Africa are generally sweet and romantic. They certainly aren't pushovers and know what they want. Some say that they can also get feisty sometimes if you get them on the wrong side. Although dates tend to be quite simple in South Africa, women still like men to be chivalrous, brave and act like gentlemen. After all, they love a man whom they can show off to their family and friends. And the men certainly deliver their best effort towards them. They are generally sweet and traditional, and a little obsessive about sport.
If you're planning to visit or happen to live in South Africa, do learn about the local dating scene and the mindset of South African men and women. It will help to find the right partner for your love life.
How to Date South African Women
South African women love a lot of attention. They love it when you look and treat her like a princess and look after yourself. So, if you're planning to date a South African woman, make sure you use the term "date" and not "hang out". After this gesture, you'll be the guy to open the door for her when you pick her up.
Many men go jelly-kneed when they ask a woman out, yet it is very easy. Firstly, you need to create an impression between yourself and her. For example, this could be at a mutual party that you have attended together, or it could be at school, at work, online, or wherever. After you have established that start talking to her and gently ask her out. Use statements like, would you like to have lunch with me on Friday, can I take you out tonight, can you have coffee with me on Thursday evening? Most of the men miss out on the South Africa dating tips because they are unaware of these gestures and facts. Women around here can smell fear from miles away.
However, if you choose the club for the first date, then she is not going to turn up. In the mind of a South African woman, when you attempt to take her to a club on a first date, there is a sexual motive behind your action.
Africa is a land of joy and spontaneity. It could be sunny this minute and raining cats and dogs in the next minute. This spirit is also to be seen in the beautiful women of Africa. They want a man who will arrange a date in a creative way and the most unusual places like in the park, and they want a man who can try and be different from the rest of the others. To succeed in how to date a South African woman, be gentle towards her and pay attention to her. Do not stick to only one path as that would be monotonous.
Best Places to Meet Single Girls
If you are looking for the best places to meet single girls in Johannesburg, then there are some famous nightclubs and pick-up bars. Most of the guys prefer to pick up women in the nightlife as it seems like the best starting point.
The day game also follows that up, there are plenty of popular touristy areas where women will be walking around throughout the day. These places are the ones where you can meet a lot of single girls. However, online dating may help you out as well, there is a great dating site that will help you meet women online or before you arrive in the city.
The Nelson Mandala Square and Vilakzi Street usually have a lot of foot traffic, as many tourists visit both places throughout the day. Soheto is another place where there are lots of women from out of town, and Auckland Park is located near a university for some local Johannesburg girls.
Some other famous places in Johannesburg where you will find single girls are:
- Sandton City 163 5th St, Sandhurst
- Waterfall Centre on Le Roux Ave, Midland
- Bryanston Shopping Centre at 15 Ballyclare Dr
- Oriental Plaza at 38-60 Lilian Ngoyi St, Fordsburg
- Westgate Shopping Centre at 25 Mopani St
Top 10 Nightclubs and Bars to Pickup Girls
The South Africans love alcohol and the party culture around here is quite lively. As a result, the nightclubs and the bars are usually packed with people. The weekend is here usually starts on Thursdays and you won’t find much life on other days of the week.
However, as the weekend comes around the students start going to the clubs on a Thursday night. On the other hand, the young professionals have their parties only on Friday or Saturday night.
Here are some of the famous nightclubs and bars of Johannesburg listed below:
- Harem: It is known to be one of the finest Africa clubbing venues. Harem caters specifically to Johannesburg's sophisticates. With more VIP space, more refinement, and more elegance, it prides itself on keeping up with international design and entertainment trends. The venue is fitted with a state-of-the-art sound system and it has different sections to meet up the clubbing needs of top celebrities from around the world.
- Carfax: It is one of the best inner-city clubs in Johannesburg. Carfax is a cultural studio and event hub. This spot has been the evidence to handfuls of performers, fine artists, DJs, and musicians. It holds to the dynamic and diverse history of the venue. If you're looking for more than just a good night out, then Carfax promises to brighten your experience with unmatched creativity and diversity. The venue is available for booking for other creative occasions such as workshops, birthday parties, and theatre productions.
- Truth : It is located at the old snake park in Midrand. Truth is Johannesburg's ultimate dance club if you're craving a night of rhythm and dance. You can experience a wide range of electronic music, featuring top local and international DJs. However, there are multiple dance floors and the parties go on till the morning. It's a popular cornerstone of the Johannesburg clubbing scene.
- Madison avenue Rivonia: Madison Avenue is one of the best clubs in Johannesburg. They play mostly house and commercial music and offer a safe place to party during the nighttime.
- Hush: It is the one-stop destination if you're seeking luxury in a nightclub. It can be the ideal venue for you if you enjoy swaying along to SA top DJs. Hush invites you to come to relax and unwind with Johannesburg luxury. It is truly a social hub and a gathering spot.
- Kong: It is your ultimate music venue with the latest tracks spun by the best DJs. However, the Friday nights are dedicated to Urban music whereas the Saturdays are for the electro-dance feel. The owner of this club is Stephane Cohen who has years of experience in the nightclub industry and owns other popular venues in Johannesburg.
- Good luck bar: The bar is famous for its live music and food venue. They have some of the best local and international act performances. In fact, it has become a local hangout place for the open-minded liberal crowd. A night at the Good Luck Bar will promise you good food, good music, and lots of fun.
- Kitchener's pub: This place is a local pub by day and a party hotspot by the night. Kitchener's excellent quality of food and variety of music offers you a different experience. Here you will see some of the best performances by the best local and international DJs. It is also heaven for an audiophile as the venue boasts about its best sound systems. Make sure you come here for a night of excellent booming music.
- Ace and Pearl: This bar is in the upmarket neighborhood of Craighall. The venue has exposed brick interiors and a minimalist design. The prime focus is the wines that are interesting, unusual, and are changed regularly. With exquisite food menus and top-quality wines sold by glass or bottle, this venue attracts all the wine lovers around Johannesburg.
- Hell's kitchen: If mainstream isn't your vibe, Hell's Kitchen in Melville might just be the right choice for you. This place borrows its characteristics from the 1920s New York speakeasy. With jazz and epic rock music, Hell's Kitchen is a getaway from the crowded place. There are live music performances on the weekends. However, with a saloon-style menu, an impressive selection of wines, whiskeys, and cocktails, there is also a secret poker room behind a bookcase.
- Afro Introductions: Afro Introductions is a major dating app in Africa. The app is unique and easy to use. Unlike other dating sites, this app allows you to meet serious people who are single and ready to mingle. However, the interested members can locate their potential matches by going through other profiles. Over the years, people living in Cape Town, Johannesburg, and Pretoria have had a good experience with this app. Besides, Afro Introductions has advanced features to filter the characteristics of your partner.
- Interracial Match: Just as the name suggests, this application will also allow you the opportunity to look for a partner from a different community. Unlike other dating applications, singles in Johannesburg can also date peoples from different races. Like Afro Introductions, this app also has a varied user base for extensive engagement. Here you will meet your perfect dates or possibly, long-term relationships.
- Tinder South Africa: Unlike other online dating apps, the Tinder app gives you a different dating experience. This app has many users all over the world. However, it continues to gain more users daily especially in Johannesburg. Therefore, many users recommend this app to others because of its unique features. Some of its features include Free subscriptions as well as paid membership. It also has an advanced swipe system for Paid membership, which allows users to access additional features. These features include "rewind" and "boost" options to stick out among others the "Super Likes" option that allows users to attract potential partners.
- Dating buzz: If you have been around Johannesburg for some time now, then you must know that Dating Buzz is among the oldest dating apps available in this country. Dating Buzz has both, a free version and a paid version. It has a simple visual appearance that makes it attractive to many users.
- Badoo South Africa: If you are among the ones who are looking for love in South Africa, then this app will assist you to accomplish your mission. Badoo South Africa has everything you need in an online dating app. Here, you will meet hot and mature girls as well as handsome men who are ready for a long-lasting relationship. The process of signing up is quite easy. You only have to enter your first name, date of birth, gender, and password to start the process.
- South African Cupid: This app has a record of delivering the best to its users and is a well-established app. The South African Cupid application has helped many women and men who were looking for a partner. Here, the singles can secure their dates and even long-term relationships. It has several features including free membership choices, the ability to access it from a place, and an instant in-app messaging function. It will help you to keep your messages private and easy to use interface. It is a wide user base that allows you to mingle with different single people. Some of them are even ready to get settled, while others are looking for fun.
- Ok Cupid: So far, Ok Cupid is one of the most outstanding dating apps in South Africa. This app can match your profiles more conveniently as compared to other apps. If you have been heartbroken and you do not want to continue suffering from depressions, denial feelings, then this may help you. However, it has in-app and random texting features that specialize in matching singles with compatible and interested peoples only. Also, you can customize the features for finding the match of your preference. Ok, Cupid is easy to use, its high compatibility and match-making potential make it easier for people to rely on it.