Reykjavik dating guide advises how to date Icelandic women and what are the best places to meet single girls in Reykjavik, Iceland.
Reykjavik is the capital and largest city of Iceland, with over 200,000 people living within its boundaries. It's a central hub for media, science, culture, and politics in Iceland. It's also among the leading tourist destination in the region, receiving over 200,000 tourists annually. Major attractions in the city include the Hallgrimskirkja church, whale watching tours, Harpa and Thermal pools. Apart from the attractions, Reykjavik's dating, love, and sex culture are fantastic and worth trying, especially for travelers. Impressing Icelandic girls is pretty different from other parts of the world. Before you wiggle into Iceland's hookup scene, there are a few rules you need to know. These rules will help you avoid embarrassment and insulting anyone. While here, never try and be a pickup artist. Iceland has a liberal hookup scene, but that doesn't allow you to be arrogant. While looking for a date in Iceland, make sure not to be pushy, interview your date, or talk about drugs. All these things will push them away. When planning to date, someone doesn't make it a legal matter of sitting down at a nice restaurant since it seems too much pressure. Most people love having drinks together, buy ice cream or take a stroll somewhere. Sex culture is also very open in Iceland, and people openly discuss it. Icelanders believe that women and men are equal sexual beings and, like with all things, it's personal, and no one should judge. Most people meet in clubs, tourist attractions, or in dating apps like Tinder.
How to Date Icelandic Women
Icelandic women and Icelandic girls are fantastic, strong, and independent. They have doe-like eyes and sharp cheekbones, which rise once they smile. Dating Icelandic women is closely related to every other country. There are no particular guidelines for dating these girls, so always work with what's works for you best. Any girl who likes you will always make it easier for you, but if they don't show any sign of interest, they may not be much into you. Here are some unique guidelines to successfully date a girl in Iceland.
- Be yourself When it comes to dating these girls, always avoid faking and be yourself.don't pretend to be better than you because women in Iceland smell your BS miles away and won't stand that kind of behavior. Also, never let your appearance or nationality come your way or lead you. Many women here are very comfortable with foreigners. All you need is to be confident, tidy, neat, and a pleasant person.
- Always think outside the box: Unlike the American girls who love been taken to the apparent hotels and pubs, Icelandic girls love to hang out in parts of the silent and little people. Most of these girls value privacy and open spaces. Some of the best ideas would be going hiking with them, attending a movie theatre and swimming pools. All these are wonderful and great ways to start beautiful relationships. The more active you are, the better the date outcome.
- Don't play the knight: Appearing at their doorstep with a bunch of flowers and chocolate boxes will look creepy to Icelandic girls. They hate when you buy them presents for no reason. Some other things that push these girls away include opening doors and pulling out chairs for them to sit. Forget romantic and other creepy behavior if you want to date in Iceland.
- Keep it casual: For great results when it comes to dating Icelandic women, always keep things simple and smooth. Avoid rushing things and being clingy; they hate that stuff. Most women here love laid-back and confident guys, so act like it.
Learn little of their local language. Learning the local language is a great way to show much you appreciate them and their culture. Icelandic is hard, and not everybody can understand it but always show interest; it will increase your chance of dating an Icelandic chic.
Don't be shy in front of them. When around Icelandic, women always drop the goody-goody attitude. As a bold man, you will easily win most girls during your visit to Reykjavik.
Always keep your word. If you said you would call, they expect you to call. Sticking to your comment and building trust means a great deal to Icelandic women. Always speak your truth instead of exaggerating staff or even overpromising things.
Best Places to Meet Single Girls
Meeting Icelandic girls is very easy provided you know the right places to go. There are three main places to meet up with single girls while in the city, and one is in the different nightlife spots where you can flirt with waitresses. You can also opt to get online with apps like Tinder and Badoo, which are used by hundreds of thousands every day. Another great option is open places like museums, parks, and famous streets. Universities and colleges are also great spots to pick up single girls. Unlike most western cities, the problem is not meeting girls but where to take them for dates. The good thing about Icelandic women is that they will help you come up with date ideas. Here are some of the favorite spots to get single girls in Reykjavik.
Bars, pubs and nightclubs.
The best places to meet young girls in Reykjavik are music, perfect ambiance, and alcohol. After a few vodka shots, most of these girls will become more open and less cautious when interacting with foreigners. Reykjavik city has some of the most visited nightclubs and bars in this part of the region. These are great places for travelers and ex-pats to mingle and hook up with local girls .when visiting some of these places, always dress to impress since most women want to be with men who look and smell nice. When you spot some lonely women, you can approach and offer to buy some drinks. If they like you, they will respond quickly, but if they don't accept, move to the next since they may be already picked or not in the mood to interact. In case you find some dancing you can ask to dance with them but if you don't know any local dance don't even think about this. Some of the most visited clubs and bars include Den Danske Kro, Hurra at Downtown, and Lebowski.
Shopping malls have become a great hub to pick up women if you approach them correctly. Most Icelandic women love to shop hence making malls a great pickup point. Shopping malls in Iceland now have restaurants, swimming pools, and many other exciting places. This place attracts many people, le especially girls. Malls are popular due to ease of goods purchase, secure and more comfortable. While here, it won't take you a lot of time before you spot cute Icelandic girls. Some of the ways to begin conversations in this kind of setup include offering to pay for something she bought or sweet-talk her while selecting items. When you succeed, you can collect her contacts and hang out with her later. Most women here will appreciate such gestures and will surely want to know you better. Some famous shopping malls to pick up girls include Kringlan shopping mall, Smaralind shopping mall, and the Lundin mall.
The city of Reykjavik has many exciting outdoor places to meet beautiful local girls and women. Sipopular outdoor areas to pick up women include roadsides, parks, public transport, and sites of attractions. Starting conversations in these places is more challenging than in bars and clubs. You will often meet most of them not in a good mood, resulting in a turnoff. Outdoors like swimming pools and beaches are a little bit different and will likely get a hookup. This is because most people in these places are here to relax or on vacation, so if they see you are foreigners, they will be more impressed. Impress her with your conversation skills and collect their number for later meetups. Some of the popular outdoor places include Hallgrimskirkja, sun voyager, Reykjavik city mall, and Ingolfur Square.
Universities and colleges.
Most Icelandic women are learned and career-oriented. There are many female students in famous universities. Since most of them are young and single, they will be willing to hook up with some traveler to try things out. As an international student or a young lecturer, you can quickly hook up with university students without much struggle. Dating university students is much cheaper since you will frequently meet around school and not pay for dates. You will have to wait for holiday breaks or afternoons for travelers outside the school when most of the students are out of school. Some famous universities to pickup women include Reykjavik University, Iceland University of arts, Iceland school of education, and The Agricultural University of Iceland.
Top 10 Nightclubs and Bars to Pickup Girls
The city is usually very silent within the day and on all weekdays but turns into a boisterous powerhouse during weekends. Most cafes transform into bars, with clubs playing all kinds of music ranging from heavy metal to hard rocks. Most of the young men and women love to visit clubs during weekends. Beers help them relax and let go of the pain of hard work. As a traveler or an ex-pat looking for a hookup, don't be surprised if a girl comes up to you and asks for a dance. If you spot a girl that impresses you, all you have to do is stand up and offer some drinks. Start a good conversation to impress her. If they don't accept your offer, move on to the next one since there are many girls in the city to choose from. Some of the top clubs to pick up Icelandic women include:
- Auster: This is among the oldest nightclubs in the city of Reykjavik. It s located on the ground floor along Austurstraeti. The club is among the most visited in the city due to its perfect sound system. It features two large bars and a large dancefloor where revelers come to show their moves. It has a polished atmosphere which means most of its customers are descent, so dress to impress.
- Gauguin: This nightclub is popular due to its live bands which perform several times a week. The club features a hotel, theatre, and club complex. It attracts a large number of visitors, especially during weekends and special events. Drinks and foods are available at low prices and served by very welcoming and super friendly staff. It's a great place to meet for a dinner date, especially for travelers and ex-pats.
- Pablo Discobar: This is another popular nightclub and cocktail bar located in the heart of Reykjavik city. Though drinks here are a bit pricier than other clubs, the place is colorful, decent, and has some of the best electronic and hip-hop DJs in the city. It's an excellent place for tourists to hang out and interact with new people.
- B5 Bar: This is among the few clubs in the city that are very strict about the dress code. The Miami-inspired club attracts revelers who like to dress up for a night out. It's a great place to hang out and meet people of your kind.
- Kiki Queer Bar: This is the best club for the people who love dancing all night. The club is open to everyone, provided you are willing to dance. The club is always lit with disco balls, and the sound system and music selection here are on point. Most played songs include hip hop and pop music. It's an excellent place for tourists to hook up with local girls.
- Kaffibarinn: This is a trendy club, especially among the local DJs.its an excellent spot for everyone looking to experience classic Reykjavik nightlife. The club features several rooms and a large dancefloor in the main room. Most music played includes techno and soul music.
- Paloma: Paloma is among the most visited nightclubs in Reykjavik. It's an excellent venue for those who love dancing, house music and play indoor games. It features several rooms, lounge rooms for relaxing, and a large dancefloor for revelers to show their moves.
Dating apps have risen in popularity in recent years. Using dating apps is a great way to prevent wastage of time checking out for girls on the streets. There are many dating apps on the internet serving different purposes. Some have extensive follow up while others have few users. The most common dating apps used in Reykjavik include: